Monday, March 4, 2013

in hopes of seeing the world...

Hi, ya'll!  Almost all my friends, family and clients ask about the trips my husband and I take together.  People ask how I planned, what we did, where we stayed, if language was a barrier etc.  As much as I love talking about our travels and experiences, I thought blogging about them would be a better idea. I am starting with the trips we've done from our wedding date forward.

A little background on me is that I've been to 9 other countries (as of  September 2012) besides the US and speak no other language fluently which I am quite ashamed of and hope to change that soon.   I'm a small town girl that grew up on a family farm in East Texas and just had dreams of seeing a bigger world than what I called home.  I am by no means an expert. I honestly still don't even call myself a seasoned traveler. But I love exploring the world, other cultures and other foods.. and I love planning it almost as equally as I get to learn so much about life while doing so.  Luckily, my sweet hubby is pretty much game for anything I plan and makes the best traveling partner.  I owe getting to live my dreams of traveling to him because he works so hard for us to do so.

I mainly use expedia, hotels.com and trip advisor in planning.  Of course, I stumble upon other blogs and info in the process, but those are the main sites I use.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions about our trips! 

"And if travel is like love...it is mostly because it's a heightened state of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end." ~ Pico Iyer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips