Thursday, March 7, 2013

Roma!

I didn't plan very well for Rome. We had already been traveling for about a week straight with no breaks and tons of walking, aching feet (my feet haven't hurt so badly since my pointe years in ballet) and tired eyes. On top of that, we slammed everything into a very short amount of time. Luckily, we saw everything we'd hoped to see.
The Colosseum, the ruins, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, St. Peters Basilica, the Vatican, and our favorite, the Sistine Chapel. Wow! I could not believe that ceiling! Announcements were being made to not take pictures, but we still snuck a couple. The detail and the time it must've taken was absolutely breathtaking.  Seeing the Sistine Chapel was by far our favorite thing we saw in Rome and a huge highlight of our honeymoon.
The history in Rome is spectacular! It's a bit more metropolitan than I had expected, but it was just as amazing even though difficult to enjoy due to my poor planning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips